About Us
The delightful interior of the Aberfoyle
Mill is a constant reminder of its history. The Mill was built in 1859
by a Scottish immigrant named George McLean. The village of Aberfoyle
was named after a small village below the Trossachs mountains, about 40
km north of Glasgow, by another Scottsman named George MacFarlane. The
Mill Originally functioned as a grist mill, powered by the pond situated
at the back of the building. In 1867, the Mill won a gold medal, for its
oatmeal at the World's Fair in Paris. The Mill functioned until the late
1920's.